Friday, November 09, 2007

Metro.

had a super hectic yet enjoyable day today.

went job hunting with the following.

Darrell
Kenneth
Jamal
Karyin
Shahir
Shahidah
Danial
Nadiah
Shamira

as the boys knew that the girls would be late this morning,

we arranged to be a little late too.

I was late, but I wasn't the latest, as I left home at the meeting time.

intially, we were just supposed to attend an interview.

but we weren't very interested when they briefed us more about the job.

then we all left, without a soul applying.

after that, all of us separated into 2 groups and agreed to meet up after an hour.

visited all my favourite shops such as Gap, Adidas, Levis, Ralph Lauren, TopMan, Zara, French Connection.

they all just said that they will contact us later.

but I doubt they will get in touch with us after that; 敷衍.

after like 5 hours, we then all went back for the interview.

oh yes, the job is about being either a sales executive or cashier at Metro.

in fact, we are still not very happy with the allocation of working dates.

all weekends, public holidays are complusory.
$950.00 per month, excluding commission and over-time.
$10 extra allowance per week.
etc.

darn, that's depriving me of all my Sundays !

I remember asking them if I can off on Sundays during my interview.

they answered sternly with a 'No'

6 of us applied for the job, and proceeded with the interview.

the interview is quite freaky, one to one.

they asked lame questions, Haha !

at like 4 pm, we went to Bugis street and Bugis Junction for some shopping.

then headed for Sim Lim Square.

bargaining is such a chore !

so not for a man's job, leave it all to the women.

then took a bus from Bugis back to Yishun.

the journey was a super long one,

kenneth was beside me snoring.

Haha, kidding.

I alighted the bus at Yio Chu Kang to switch another bus to go home.

while I was waiting for the bus,

the lady in charge of Metro Human Resource gave me call to inform me that I am accepted as a cashier.

then she said, "2 of your other friends also got the job."

Haha, I asked who were they inquisitively.

Ahah, they were Kenneth and Karyin.

Kenneth got the job as a cashier too.

while Karyin was a sales executive.

cashier has got more pay.

we are all allocated to Paragon.

coolies, at least have got some friends accompanying you.

Kenneth will start work on the 12th, while Karyin and I will start on the 14th.

okay, it's time for some revision for Poa.

it's the last lap, and we are officially free.

and I will have to embark on my working journey.

I'm praying so hard that some other jobs will offer me, so that I can have my Sundays.

come'on, free my Sundays !