Tuesday, January 01, 2008

first post

Auld lang syne to year 2007.

We've stepped into year 2008.

I don't even feel like entering into this brand new year.

It just reminds me that 'O' Levels results day is drawing nearer and nearer.

too many resolutions so I better not pen them down.

Basically, I went to church immediately after work on the 31st of December.

What was I pondering exactly, that I keyed into the computer that I have an excess of 500 bucks in my cash drawer.


Hopefully I don't have to pay for it.

after countdown, we were driven to Esther's / Lihao's house.

and had a stayover there.

I finally watched 881 and learnt how to play mahjong,

played lots of things until dawn.

fell asleep on the sofa, and woke up in an hour time.

then went back home in the afternoon.

damn tired, slept after a shower till nine at night.


went back to Naval Base Secondary School on Thursday.

it's at Sembawang, so darn inconvenient.

went back to collect my Good Progress Award.

sat in the Head of Department office for two hours and disturbed all the HODs.

they will make time for this special student, they said.

Haha !


got some of the teachers to be my tour guide through the huge holding campus.

after that, I rushed down to Toa Payoh for a job interview.

I had a hard time finding the venue of the interview and took 45 minutes to arrive at my destination.

I stepped inside, and realised the seminar hall was full with people.

people of all ages, old aunties and uncles, 'A' level graduates, Diploma graduates...

but I just don't find anybody of my age.

submitted my application form and awaited for my turn.

it took me one and a half hour for my turn.

I went up after whispering a quick prayer.

they spoke to me, and immediately offered me the job.

honestly, it's very very unexpected.

Firstly, I didn't bring anything that I am required, passport size photograph, certificates, qualification letters etc.

I saw many people bringing thick files containing certifcates and they weren't accepted.

besides, they were graduates with high education.

Secondly, I am puzzled why did they accept me despite saying that I cannot commit my Sundays,

and they said that will definitely plunge my chances of being offered the job.

in the end, they told me to go to their office at Sommerset the next morning to sign the agreement letter.

and I am posted to Adidas Paragon. :O

coolness, heard that most of the people were eyeing for this job but weren't as lucky as me.

gosh lah, I am still at Paragon.

how lucky.

never mind, I still have to thank God a zillion times for that.

had Pepper lunch at Takashimaya for lunch, chocolate auntie from trimme shop treated me to lunch.

Hahaha, she's a very nice lady, who treats Karyin and me especially well.

and treated us to lunch on several occassions.

okay, I guess my blog post is long enough.

I've tendered my resignation letter today and I'll officially be working at Adidas Paragon on Monday.

God is great !